So you’ve decided that you want to use Jog My Dog for walking your pooch. Now what?
This blog explores the sign up process for new dog walking clients and helps to shed light on what happens when so you can sit back and relax knowing we’ve got you covered!
- Provide us with your email address, home address and mobile number. This enables us to set you up on our scheduling system and generate the Welcome Email
- The Welcome Email has a link which needs to be clicked on. Once you have changed your password you’re in!
- Read the T&C on the scheduling system. The T&Cs are admittedly pretty long and detailed but they are in place to protect you, your pet and our walkers. Please pay special attention to the booking / cancellation terms and payment info as this is really important to understand at the start
- Click on the Details tab and complete the Personal Info page. Here is where you should add your Emergency person and their mobile number (think partner, local mum/dad, trusted friend with house access, etc). This is also where you add any home info that is relevant to us looking after your pet – so alarms, access restrictions and the like
- Click on the Pet tab and complete the Pet Info page by adding your Dog, their date of birth, breed and then as much information as possible in the free form fields at the bottom of the page. There are a number of tick boxes which are useful to be completed but we find the free form boxes excellent for clients getting the right space to explain their dogs likes/dislikes, where they should be left after a walk, etc
- Familiarize yourself with the scheduling tool. The system is really easy to use and we help you along the way
- Look out for the Meet & Greet confirmation email. Before you can schedule any walks for your dog we must come out and meet you and your pooch, see the home set up, go through the pet info tab and collect 2x keys (or obtain the code for your key box if you use one of these instead)
- Schedule your walks! If you are a client with set days each week then you can skip this step as it will be done for you automatically by the system (however, it is still your responsibility to notify us of any changes on a month by month basis). If you’re a client with adhoc days then all you need to do is go into the scheduler, select the dates and times and await confirmation that we can attend
- The business owner will be in contact with you after a few weeks to ensure you are happy with your walker. At this point you will be reminded of our referral scheme whereby you can get £25 in credit for every person you refer to us who takes out a contract in turn. You will also be asked if you’d like to leave a review on our Facebook and Google pages; although in terms of day-to-day feedback you can do this via Happiness Surveys or in the Private Message tab (these come only to the business owner and not the walker)
That’s it, couldn’t be simpler!
I hope you found this blog helpful and we look forward to walking your dog in Milton Keynes & Bedford soon.