Grizzle’s species appropriate HEALTHY weekend breakie of salmon, oily fish, raw meat ‘sausage’, blueberries, natural yogurt and raw egg with shell.
Just some of the physical benefits of a raw dog food diet are:
• Cleaner teeth and fresh breath.
• Better weight control.
• Improved digestion.
• Shinier, healthier skin and coat.
• Reduction of allergy symptoms.
• Harder, smaller, less smelly stools.
• Increased mobility in older animals.
• More energy and stamina.
We feed Grizzle Natural Instinct raw but like to also mix it up with other types of meat, including raw meaty bones, from time to time to not only keep it interesting for him but ensure he has the widest range of nutrients going into his body. Each week he will get a few different things in his bowl from raw carrot, to berries, yogurt, chunks of offal and so on. He absolutely loves it! Some of the health benefits of what he received in his weekend breakfast plate are below:
- Fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids. Suppliers like Paleo Ridge will have a range of fish and send you a ‘pick and mix’ style box of various sorts. If choosing your own then go for those packed in water over brine or oil and/or supplement your pet’s diet with krill oil.
- Blueberries are an excellent source of antioxidants, selenium, zinc and iron. High in vitamins C, E, A and B complex for your dog. Like any fruit or treat, blueberries should be fed in moderation; 2 or 3 blueberries make a good size treat.
- Eggs are a great source of very digestible protein, riboflavin, and selenium. For some dogs that are prone to digestive upset, eggs can give them a little protein boost. Adding eggs to your dog’s food is a healthy treat.
- Plain, low or non-fat yogurt provides probiotic benefits and serves as an excellent source of calcium for our canine companions. … Avoid flavored yogurts that are packed with sugar, and never feed yogurt that contains the ingredient xylitol, an artificial sweetener that is toxic for dogs.