It was 24 degrees in Milton Keynes today so we were all about keeping cool and eating iced treats! While I got myself a cheeky Magnum, the day care doggies had the following frozen iced treats – home made, really quick to make and chuck full of nutritious ingredients you will have at home.
- 1 cup water
- 5 tbps natural yogurt (not flavoured)
- 2 tbps natural instinct raw meat (this was minced and I used it for flavour and because it was in the fridge)
- 1 raw egg
- 1 handful of blueberries
- Pop everything bar the blueberries in the blender and wizz for 30 seconds
- Pour into molds
- Pop your blueberries in (they won’t all sink so long as you leave the mixture a little ‘chunky’)
- Put your molds in the freezer
- Wait till frozen
I put little wooden sticks in the molds as I intended to take them out like ice lollies; however, the dogs couldn’t wait to get tucked in so I just let them go for it.
Why these ingredients?
Blueberries are full of antioxidants, fiber and phytochemicals
Eggs are one of the most complete sources of the building blocks of protein: amino acids
Yogurt is high in calcium and protein, acting as a probiotic it is good for your dog’s digestive system
Raw Meat is the natural food choice of dogs in the wild who forage on meat, bones, skin, organs, stomach contents, and an array of other parts
Don’t forget: Dogs are well equipped to handle the bacteria in raw foods.