I love these dog biscuits! They are so easy to make because they only need a few ingredients and just require 20 min in the oven – easy peasy!
The only thing I would say is make sure to buy good quality coconut oil and natural peanut butter. You don’t want any of the stuff which is full of Xylitol, a sweetener used in many foods including peanut butter. I buy Whole Earth Peanut Butter and The Groovy Food Coconut Oil; I think spending a bit more for proper quality food for my dog is worth it. Everyone wants their pets to live long healthy lives and I think the connection between food and longevity is huge. Anyways, enough chat, let’s talk recipe!
Home Made Dog Treat – 5 Ingredients and Only 20 Minutes Baking Time
You will get approximately 18-20 biscuits from the quantities in this ingredient list, add or remove to suit:
– 3 carrots, pealed and grated
– 1 tbsp peanut butter (check there is no Xylitol in it)
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 150 grams oats
– 2 eggs (I like to use my own hens eggs = ++ natural)
- Heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking parchment. I actually had to use two medium sized ones and I still ran out of space …
- Put the oats and carrots in the food processor and blend until you get a fine mixture
- Add the eggs, coconut oil and peanut butter and blitz again until smooth. To be honest I don’t mind a few larger carrot pieces, and it’s fair to say the dogs don’t either!
- Put the mixture in a bowl and leave in the fridge to chill for half an hour
- Scoop little portions onto your baking tray and flatten down slightly with the back of your spoon
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Leave to cool and then store in an air tight container
I would say these biscuits will last a week but who am I kidding! Your dogs will go crazy for them.
Enjoy! 🙂 It’s really great to know where your treats are coming from.